Monday, March 19, 2018

Monday, Money saving madness

     Well it was a whirlwind weekend for sure.  Lil sis came over on Saturday and we started on her 2 (oops) 8 large cushions.  Hub's had a performance with a band for a fund raiser so he got to miss all of our excitement.  Between the two of us and we really work well together as a team we knocked out those cushions by 6:30 that night.  I took pictures, but I can't seem, to get them off my phone.  Dang!

     I then started working on the bath rugs and what a mess.  It is a very messy and fun project.  In the mean time the house has fallen into a rats nest.  Mostly my fault as when I get busy my inner brat comes out and nothing gets put away.  I just trail crap every where.  I have no excuses as Lil sis took mom and it was so nice.  Or it has been so nice. Yesterday I slept in as I did not have to take mom to church.  I was so tired during church and my Sjogren's is acting up making my eyes weepy and sleepy.  Anyway I made it through church and came home and fell asleep in my church dress.  I slept from 4:30 to 9:30.  Then I was up and into jammies.  I tried to stay up but was back in bed by 10:30 and slept all night.  Do you think I was behind on sleep?  I was just absolutely exhausted and I really dislike that feeling. I ate a peanut butter sandwich for dinner. That was the extent of my Sunday dinner cooking.

     Now it is Monday, Sis will be here tomorrow and my house is a wreck and she will not be happy with me.  She is coming to help but this is beyond bad.  I am going to set a timer and make myself run and clean for 1/2 hour increments until I have some semblance of order.  Mom is gone and I absolutely have to clean up her room and bath.  As in sterilize.

    I am so sorry I feel a list coming on, I just can't help it,,,

1.  organize, clean and straighten laundry room
2. catch up laundry
3. clean spare room, new sheets,
4. clean spare bath
5. straighten our room and hang clothes.
6. clean desk area
7. clean moms room
8. clean moms bath
9. clean family room
10. organize shop
11. get sewing done for the day
12. what is for dinner?

Monday money saving madness March 11th - 18th 2018

1.  Ate all meal but one at home
2. went out for tacos Mom paid
3. Used food from stock and freezers for meals
4. Finished several free to me or almost free projects
5. Received refunds in the mail to add to debt payment
6. Called internet company and secured $35.00 a month for life contract as it had gone up again.
7.Used clothes line for heavy laundry and then just did a quick touch up to soften .
8. used coupons at Joanns for purchases needed
9.  Only purchased dairy and veggies and fruit at stores
10. started my seedlings for garden
11. bought 5 new chicks for new flock of laying hens.

     Not a very exciting week for saving, just the same old, same old, but it all adds up.

I am going to set my timer and get busy.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim



14 comments:

  1. When I sewed so much, sewing was all I did or wanted to do beyond caring for babies or kids. The place was a wreck but I could clean it later more easily. You needed rest! I am glad you got it and husband was gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did get plenty of rest and it was wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Your week sounded more exciting than mine! You obviously needed the sleep - your body lets you know.
    don't over do - slow and steady wins the race kiddo.
    have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked to sleep so much, but it was so nice.

      Delete
  3. Lol, I am the same way about leaving a trail of mess behind me when I am busy with other more interesting tasks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know house work and clean up are just not as appealing as creating.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you were simply sleep deprived. Glad you got some needed rest and look at all those things you crossed off the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I slept in my church dress on Sunday too. I think the time change is still messing with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I clean in a similar way - short quick spurts and then lots of breaks and cups of tea. No one wants to face a whole day of cleaning so breaking it up is a good approach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom always did that. She would stop everyone for a break.

      Delete
  7. It sounds like your body was telling you "slow down woman and rest!". I'm glad you had that much need break in the care for your mom and did listen to your body and just sleep.

    ReplyDelete