Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tuesday, turning cold

     Beside having a cold, it has turned cold here.  So weird as we have had no rain all summer and it has been so very hot.  I have loved it.  I love the heat.  Now I have to go into pants and clogs and socks. ( Oh and maybe a shirt and sweater, this was added after I proof read)We will still get about 6 more weeks of Indian summer.  Right now we have had heavy rain for two days. The farmers are loving it and so are we.  I don't have to water my boxes always a nice break.

     Still a little achy and off my feed so to speak.  I worked all day on my custom wedding dress.  Which means I sat on my butt and did not move anything except a hand needle. I hope to have the dress finished by this evening.  Still applying lace to the bodice, but I think the end is in sight.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  It will also be nice to get the large mess out of the shop.

     We are going to have split pea soup for dinner.  I have everything here to make it and it will be good with the cool, weather.  You navy bean sound good also maybe I will make a pot of that this weekend.  Doesn't fall just say soup?

Here are some of my favorite soups.

navy bean
split pea
chicken with homemade noodles
chili
cream of broccoli
stew ( mans first meal)
clam chowder
corn chowder
German noodle

I have a tendency to like thicker heavier soups and am not to big on broth soups although I will eat almost any kind of soup.  Add a salad and some good bread and wow you ave a meal or the way I cook several meals.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim




12 comments:

  1. I am so ill again that I am off my feet and my feed. Sorry, but I am so ill that it was a funny typo. How is your mother? I like thicker soups, too. The only soup I make that is brothy is one with my home-canned tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you are ill. Mom is fine a little put out after yesterdays cram sewing session.

      Delete
  2. We do eat think soups but We actually prefer the thinner brothy types. I love soup and will eat it in any weather, but TheHub has to have cool weather to eat it, so I only make soup during the fall and winter. My favorite is a thin Italian wedding soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Hope you continue to feel better.
    Here in Pennsylvania we are having some hot days!
    It is more like fuller than late September.
    I love all kids of soup!
    French Onion, cheese broccoli, and tomato are favorites.
    But chili???
    Never! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well technically not a soup but it is good if not too spicy.

      Delete
  4. I love me some soup but ain't a bean/pea gal.
    I usually make chicken n' dumplings, chicken noodle, broccoli and cheese(or cauliflower and cheese for College Boy), Beef Bourguignon(it's just a fancy beef stew), French Onion, a fake Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi and a Sizzling Rice and Shrimp soup copying a soup they serve at a Chinese restaurant outside of Philly. I do like a clear broth type soup when I am sick tho and opt for Wonton Egg Drop soup from our local Asian restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our youngest loves the egg drop soup when she is sick.

      Delete
  5. I'm in the thicker soup crowd. Other than on super warm days (which is above 80 where I live!), we eat soup year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is far too hot here in the summer to eat soup, but we eat a lot of it during the colder months.

      Delete
  6. I love soup as well. Even though I live in a hot climate, I like a good broth based soup with a small salad.

    ReplyDelete