Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tuesday, Shame on them

      I think people should be shamed when they do something wrong or crooked.  Now this has to be done with tact.  Two examples in the last few days.

     I have a medication that is very, VERY expensive.  I have always had this filled at my local pharmacy.  With my two insurance policies the co-pay has been zero.  When I started going to a new doctor who was local (we finally had a Rheumatologist move here) he switched my meds to CVS.  They came in the mail.  This means a box with $3970.00 worth of meds was thrown on my door step once a month.  Well the co-pay bill came later with a $50.00 co-pay.  SO for the last 19 months I have had to pay $50.00.  An irritation but also grateful I could afford it.  Now Doc switches me back to local pharmacy.  No co-pay.  I called CVS and told them (I asked for the highest supervisor I could get on the phone) Shame on you.  As far as I am concerned they owe me over $900 dollars if a small local business can afford to get the medication with no co-pay the largest pharmacy in the nation should also.  Cheats, users, scallywags and many other abusive names.

     I have a Quick lock loan that belongs to the Dance studio.  Don't know why they call it that and it actually belongs to me, but never the less it is due on the 15th and comes directly out of my checking account.  I always make sure the money is in the account to pay this.  Well this is the bill I am working on next in my pay off strategy. So last week I went in and paid $1000.00 on this bill taking the balance from $3344.00 to $2344.00.  Now come the 15th (yesterday) I went into the bank to put yest another $200 on the loan and my account was overdrawn.  How is that?  Well they had pulled the $150.00 payment as usual on the 15th.  So I had a 27.00 late charge among other things.  Well it is the 15th until midnight.  It was actually early afternoon.  So when do they pull the loan and by the way I had already paid the loan so?  I asked to speak to the manager who  gladly returned my late fee and NSF charge.  Shame on them.  I did not understand the policy of pulling the money in spit of a payment made, I can forgive that, but pulling the money before the end of a business day on the day due and charging me?  Not nice. Shameful in fact.

     I guess, what I am learning from this is to pay attention and ask questions.  Why am I being charged $50.00?  I just thought that the meds were so expensive and I had changed insurance when Hub's retired.  Any time money is involved don't just think, your thinker is wrong, ask.

     Anyway enough cranking.  Did you see that I am kicking butt on my next debt?  Yippee.  That quick, lock loan is going to be history.  Now how am I doing this you ask?  Well besides being busier than a nine petered puppy,  Okay a little graphic but have you ever scene a puppy and his well..... I have been that busy.  I also have paid off enough of my other bills to snowball more money into the debt.  This by the way is where it gets fun.  Not that paying off debt is fun, ( fun like a root canal) but at least it is getting done.

     I am also under $10,000 in the kitchen loan and into the mid 50's on the house.   I am smoking.

I have to get to work,dam%

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

14 comments:

  1. I have to use CVS Specialty for my MS drug. (So I too am having 5K worth of medication dumped on my doorstep each month!) I have a zero copay (thanks to the makers of my drug having a copay assistance program). Well, I just ordered my meds this month and was told I had a $130 copay! Say what? I questioned them about it since, for the last TEN MONTHS when I started the drug I have had this assistance. They told me they would put it through to "another department" and to call back in a day or two. I called back the next day and was given the run around "Hmmmm..I don't know why the assistance program isn't there anymore. Are you sure you still have it?" Blah blah. Thirty minutes later and I was back to having the assistance in the system with my zero copay reinstated! Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO aggravating. When drugs are so expensive. I too have had assistance, but should have checked.

      Delete
  2. I'm curious why it's the doctor's choice in what pharmacy you use? I've never heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but he is across state lines and it gets complicated when you are covered by a state insurance plan.

      Delete
  3. We have learned to always ask the "next question", never assume anything just because it makes sense to us, and to question anything that does not seem "right". Sometimes it is correct and an explanation is all that is needed but sometimes it is wrong and needs to be corrected.
    But I do get tired of having to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I learned the hard way. I have had co-pays before for some of these drugs. One drug the company paid the difference, which was very nice of them, this was just a crooked pharmacy.

      Delete
  4. You are making some serious progress! At the rate you are going, you'll have it paid off in no time! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have an auto payment being made, it won't be altered unless you go in online and alter it. It was very nice of the bank to give you back your money, as this wasn't their error. And I am curious why the dr is choosing your pharmacy as well? The co-pays are set up with the insurance and so your local pharmacy may just have a better negotiated rate than CVS for certain meds. I know common meds we have used in the past can vary tremendously by pharmacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was nice of the bank as I was ignorant but they are a very nice credit union. I realize that there can be a difference between pharmacies, it is my fault for not checking, but CVS is huge and can afford to lose a little.

      Delete
  6. You go girl! Look at you paying down that debt...woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shopped around when all of a sudden I was taking multiple drugs. CVS was expensive. So was Walgreen's and Rite-Aid. Walmart was the best. I don't have to wait any longer than at the pharmacies, plus there is an electric cart so I can sit! I know most pharmacies have chairs, but in the cart I can still shop. Of course, the cheapest price is what I look for. When I was presented with a $450 prescription, after I came to, I questioned the pharmacy since I did not have that kind of money. The pharmacist made a few calls and my co-pay was almost non-existent. Although no one has ever stolen from my mail box, I would be nervous about any drugs being left there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, which tells me these are not as expensive as they make out. Who would ship a 4000 watch or jewelry item and then throw it in a mail box or on a porch? Really.....

      Delete