Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday, busy day!

     I am thankful I have dinner all figured out as it is going to be a busy day.  Mom flies out tomorrow, so getting her last minute things done will be tricky.  I have had several clients call already this morning and the shop is busy.  I have much to do in the next two weeks and then the show opens.

     Made a big pot of split pea and ham soup yesterday that will feed us for a while.  Also cooked up a chicken from which mom will make chicken salad.  So we are set for eats for a few days.  Leaves are falling like crazy here now and you can hardly see the back yard.  Hub's has his work cut out for him as I have no time until after the Nutcracker.

     Both my oldest and my youngest called me yesterday and they are both sick with bad colds.  The younger one seems to be sicker.  I am sending her to the doctor.  Not the University health service which is free but I swear only dispenses birth control, but to the clinic where I will pay a co-pay and she will get help. She has always been a little weak since her bought with toxic shock, but every year gets better and better.  It is just funny that they both call whining.  One is 34 and the other 23 and they still call mommy when they are sick.

     Had a meeting last night to go over Nutcracker scene changes and music and staging.  I think it went well.  Ballet mistress and I only went for each others throats once.  So I would call that good.  I think things are on their way.  We are not using as many big props this year which is so nice and will make the back stage area easier for the dancers to maneuver.  Just simple changes that are made to eliminate confusion.  Actually last year I was dealing with three bosses one of which was my daughter.  All three had their ideas and wanted them to work they did not care about anyone's ideas other than their own.  I virtually had no say without a knock down drag out fight.  But this year it is really more my way, in the fact that I have allowed the Ballet Mistress free reign and then I put my foot down where I think things are going overboard.  We see most things alike, she would like some things different and we have knocked heads, but I only have to veto her and not the three amigo's.

     Well the work isn't going to do itself so I had better get busy.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. My mother has been gone for 14 years, but when I am sick, that is when I miss her the most!

    ReplyDelete