Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wednesday, Insomnia is my friend, and procrastination.

     No Spend.  Did not cook dinner, hub's ate left overs.  I laid down with bad headache, mostly because  of sleep issues I am sure.  Tonight I will do a taco salad in fact I have a ton of ground beef to fry up and will then freeze what we don't use.

     Having sleep issues again.  Two nights in a row I saw the sun come up and then I sleep like a log from 4 until 9.  I just hate it and it is frustrating.  I get so tired around 3 in the afternoon.  I am not allowing myself to take a sleep medication as it is very addicting.  A med that the doctor gave me 3 or 4 years ago and said it wasn't addicting turns out to be very addicting.  Now I only take is when I am really stressed and busy, but I am not now and I will not take it.  I need to learn to get to sleep myself and quit relying on medications.  The heat is not helping.  Have any of you had sleep problems or taken sleep medication?

     Not sleeping well affects my whole body.  I ache and I have a dull ache behind my eyes.  I have never been hung over but I imagine it feels like this.    I do not get as much done, I tend to vegetate.  I get done what I absolutely have to but nothing else.  Some one needs to come over and kick my butt.  Then again who says I have to be a ram rod of doing every single minute of every single day?  Well the bills do.....

     Did a little laundry, will do more today. Did a little ironing, I will run out of summer cottons soon.  Did a little sewing, will do a LOT today.  Did not cook, I will today.  I only have $100.00 toward the house and you know where the rest will have to come from if I don't get busy.  The savings!  No, No not the emergency fund.  This is not an emergency.  It is hard to get motivated when you feel punk.

     I am not going to be a procrastinator today.  I will not put things off that need to be done.  Slump.......

     On a better note, hub's is continuing to lose weight down another pound.  He also is getting a raise in July.  I am sure his last one.  It is small but every penny counts right? He wanted me to go on a bike ride with him last night, but I said no as I wanted to work in the yard when it was cooler.  Then I feel guilty as I know it motivates him when I go with him.

     Out My Window:  It was 96 yesterday so a little cooler.  I was able to get a lot of cleaning and weeding done.  There are several bags of yard waste and a couple of large containers to take to the land fill. I still need to finish weeding the garden ( a never ending process) and clean around the pond area.  The porch needs some touch up painting where we replace boards.  I still need to add a few more flowers to boxes but I am waiting for them to go on sale. I have weeding to do in the far back beds and then need to figure out what to do around chicken coop.  So I have plenty to keep me busy.  Even with the heat I seem to find the energy at the end of the day to be outside.

Have a great and productive day.

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I've had sleep issues the last 2 nights too. Sometimes I take a Motrim PM when I have pain at night and it helps me get to sleep. But last night I stayed up late doing genealogy(the suck hole for time it is!). Have you tried melatonin? From what I hear it's not addictive.

    ReplyDelete