Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday, chugging along

No spend, Hubs had leftovers.  Chicken with salad tonight.  He is taking the last large salmon out of the downstairs freezer for this weekend's Scout camp out and that should about empty it except for fruit for pies.  I will transfer that upstairs and put frozen milk cartons in so the freezer does not have to work so hard.  We are getting the pantry down.

     Just called and checked on mom.  My younger brother's wife has been over the last two mornings on her rounds so that makes me feel better.  The house keeper will be there today.  Part of my daily chores now.  How is mom doing?

     I just realized yesterday what day it actually was and  the house payment is due on Friday so I need to get my butt in gear.  Gee I need at least $500.00.  I can just pull that out of the air.  Sometimes I amaze myself. But is is always with my stupidity.

  I sewed yesterday and was able to complete a wedding dress alteration, shorten 6 skirts, replace a zipper in a pair of pants, and alter 2 pairs of men's trousers.  The shop was very busy with 5 bridesmaid dresses, and several pairs of pants and skirts coming in, so I am blessed with work.  I was able to get my quota done before I went to the studio at 6:30 so I came home and was able to complete another costume.   My goal is to have all major costume sewing done by Friday, that way I can concentrate on things we forgot.

     I have a huge pile of things to kick through and want to get my little jockey/fox hunter costumes done tonight.  There are four of them.  I still have the Mother's costume, and Mary's Holiday dress, Micheal's costumes and things for Bert.  I just need to tick them off.  My ballet mistress keeps me on schedule. You think I am a working machine, she makes me look normal.  A real task master.

     The house is so dirty I am ashamed.  One of the cats got sick on the marble fireplace in the front room.  Lovely at least it wasn't on the area rug.  The dust is thick and the kitchen floor is down right scary.  I might have to stop and do a little cleaning.  My housekeeper will come tomorrow so I don't want to be embarrassed.

     Hub's and I have a meeting tomorrow at 8 a.m. for his retirement go through.  It is in an office 40 miles away. We have to leave here at 7 a.m. Ugh!  You all know what an early riser I am.  I will be interested to see what I learn.  This is the first in many meetings with decisions we will have to make.  Exciting but also scary.

     Out My Window:  Chilly and overcast, which is fine it keeps me from wanting to go out in the yard.

Need to work on my story but have no time right now.  It is brewing in my head;)

Have a great and productive day.

Kim

1 comment: