Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday, I updated my totals!

     I don't know why I think I am going to have more money at the end of the month than I normally do, but I am always the eternal optimist until the #'s come in.  I am then grateful I have enough to pay the bills.  I just wish I had extra to plunk down, but that never seems the case.  Then I remember the beautiful trip we took a few weeks ago and realize that I am truly blessed and have a life full of enjoyment.  I am making progress and I will get there.

    I just so want to break below the 6 figure mark before Sarah.  I don't know where to get $3,500.00 with out selling my kidney.  Does anyone want to contribute to the Kim beats Sarah fund?  I am not hearing a roar of volunteers here.  That is okay it is still a race.  I will pass her in a couple of months I just know I will.

     As it is Halloween I am getting phone calls for last minute costume alterations.  I could have made some good money today.  Hub's will be home from the hearing aid place in a few minutes with his bill of what we owe......., then on top of that we will have a bill for our dresser that is coming to match the custom bed we ordered for Hub's a few years ago.  It will replace two dressers and free up space in the bedroom for a corner chair for hub's.

     I just paid a $1200.00 dentist bill and I know we will owe at least another $1000.00 if not more on Hub's hearing aids.  Plus I just paid $348.00 to have his old ones fixed.  Know wonder I can't beat Sarah.  Even when we save in advance for things, life happens.

     Have you looked at Sarah's totals? She is so close to paying off another card and then they are going to fall like leaves.  This is truly the snowball effect at work and I am so proud of her.  She gives me hope.  We are so close to paying off the truck(studio loan).  That will make a huge difference in what we are able to pay on other bills.

     I work very hard, but I also try to enjoy my life.  I don't know if this is the smartest way to get out of debt and I know it is not the quickest, it is just working for me.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

3 comments:

  1. That is a battle my husband and I face. I want to put everything to debt, but he says we need to enjoy it more. Lately, it has been leaning toward my way of thinking, but I can feel that is changing.

    You are doing great though. I would front you that money so you beat her if I were independently wealthy. ;).

    I hear you on the money - the sewing gig is bringing in almost an extra car note a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing amazing too Kim! Your numbers will start dropping rapidly too. Balance is the key, and it sounds like you have that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sharon - BALANCE my friend. If you didn't have any fun then you'd go crazy! As long as the numbers go down and not up you're doing just fine. Personally I don't care who wins the race to 5 figures (and I know you really don't either ;) but it provides a great incentive to both you and Sarah to keep plugging away:)

    ReplyDelete