Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday, Happy belated Easter

     Happy belated Easter everyone.  I hope you had a wonderful time with family and food.  I have been so busy these last two weeks I feel like I am on a roller coaster, but I hope things are a little calmer in the next few weeks.

    I was able to get the garden planted on Saturday.  I cannot find eggplant starts any where but I know they will pop up some where in a few weeks.  I also started a large tray of seedlings again.  Corn, sunflowers, and some more morning glories.  They should be up and ready to transplant in a few weeks.  I am almost done filling in the front bed with perennials, then as the season progresses I will continue to add perennials from the dead and dieing bins.  I can fill in holes as I go.  I also bought a large bacopa on sale and am in the process of transplanting that for my flower boxes.  I will work on those later.  There is still so much cleaning to do outside.  That will just have to wait.

     I want to really take stock of my shop today and get things organized and out. I am trying a couple of new strategies to get through the summer.  My sissie has come up with a couple of new ideas I am trying to implement.  I must save at least $100.00 in an envelope a week for the next 7 weeks. Then if I can continue it will help offset the rent for the studio and as it is my largest bill in the summer.  I am panicky right now as I have not been able to save as I like and even though I have some savings, it is not enough to get through.  Last summer was not good and I don't want a repeat.  I also need to remember how sick I was and I could not really do anything.  I am feeling pretty good now.  So if my health holds I think things will be better.

   Again I have 3 paper work struggles to get done today and I will get them done!  I will not procrastinate!

     Well the shop is calling and I have a whole day of work planned.

Out My Window:  Beautiful but a little cool.

Have a great and productive day!


Kim

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could do some sort of "summer camp" at your studio to bring in some money. Or maybe partially rent out your studio for the summer for a temporary zumba or yoga space? Overhead for businesses is SO expensive these days! Good luck with the $100 project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually we do two or three camps but again by the time I pay teachers and advertize, I make no money sometimes I lose money so I have to be very careful.

      Delete