Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday, Presidents day, yes you have to dance

1 month 17 days without CC use
 personal; checking $-194.12
studio checking $-115.35


     I have already answered 5 e-mails this morning.  Yes! you have dance tonight.  If I took off every Monday this country has a Holiday I would never get anything done.  I swear this is the 7th holiday we have had in 2 months.  It gets old.  Not that having time off isn't nice but really?  It is hard to get anything done in Monday night classes when you take every other Monday off.  Okay my rant is over.


     I was able to get through the weekend without spending like crazy, but I am flat broke.  A little scary.  I do have work in the shop to do and I think I am going  to have to revamp my plan of paying a $1000.00 to the CC this month.  Hubby had a third paycheck and I was going to use it to pay down the card.  However, if I do that I have not made enough in the shop to have anything extra to help with bills.  I have been able to keep up on gas and groceries.  It has been really slow.  So I think I should take this extra to catch up in the checking accounts and pay what I can extra on the CC.  You all know I have a tendency to over pay the debts and then have nothing to live on, which causes me to debt again.

     It is a disappointment, but as long as I don't go backwards.  Backwards to me is not paying for any charges to the CC in addition to the regular payment.  In other words we have to monthly go forward on the balances.  If you never charge another thing you eventually will get out of debt.  We certainly make progress every month and then bam I will have a month full of expenses and we will get behind.  (As in I will make a payment but not pay the charges that were incurred that month)  My hope this year is to avoid this.  The only way I see of doing this is to use that 3rd paycheck to reach status quot.

     What do you think?

Out My Window:  I was able to spend about 4 hours in the yard on Saturday.  It was just beautiful  60 degrees.  I trimmed about  7 bushes and cleaned out the edges of the garden.  Still have days of work out there, but it was so fun.  I am going to try and get my sissie to help me outside when she comes.  That is when we are not sewing or baking, or laughing.

     Well it is almost 11 and I have a ton of stuff to do before I leave for the studio.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

3 comments:

  1. Definitely bring your accounts to zero (personal ones, as if I recall correctly, you dont mix personal and studio bills), then pay the rest to the CC. Or even do it three way; bring personal to zero, hold onto $100 or $200 which will go to CC if not needed, then rest to CC. That way you're not that pressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Tanner's idea. I would definitely bring your accts to zero, add a small buffer $200 or so, then the rest to CC. Would definitly bring the accounts to zero first that way you don't have to worry about ussing the CC to bring your accounts up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that part of your stress is you use the money too quickly. As soon as you get it, you spend it on something....even if it gas or groceries. You need to figure out how to hold on to it for "later" so you aren't constantly stressed about trying to figure out how to pay for the next thing.

    ReplyDelete