Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday, A response to Judy

These words are above my machines and in my studio, I make my kids memorize them, they are words to live by.  I spent many years trying to hide what I wanted to do or could do for fear that people would not like me.  Well guess what they will either like you or not and it is their problem.

                                                                 Our Deepest Fear

     Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?  Actually, who are you NOT to be?  You are a child of God.  Your playing small doesn't serve the world.  There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.  We were born to manifest the glory that is within us.  It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

                                          Nelson Mandela 


By the way my wash machine just died.  But that is okay because it is still 2011!  Right?  It was next year I didn't want any large unexpected expenses.  We will just add it to the $24,000.00 I already spent.  Yippee!

Sarcasm drippeth

Kim

7 comments:

  1. Look at it this way new year new machine :) And your right I need to develop a thicker skin when it comes to family/friends judging us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful quote.

    Sorry about the washing machine!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quote! I started this year with a new laundry set too! My old pair (yes both washer and dryer)gave up after 19 years between christmas and new years last year. The honeymoon is still going with me and my new maytags ;) I hope you find a good sale on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the quote I love most. It is powerful and reminds us to shine our light as brightly as ever, so that others can shine with us.

    A new washing machine in 2011, means that you've completed the year with all your large purchases, you can sit down and really start working on yoru debt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still working on my daughter - she tends to keep her light hidden under a bushel basket as the old song goes. I think she's introverted like me and is afraid that if she let's herself shine she'll end up the center of attention and WE HATE being the center of attention. It can be hard to let YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY and also to allow yourself to be seen as brilliant and gorgeous seems a bit like blowing your own horn, once again drawing attention to yourself. I'm rambling here but I want 2012 to be the year I stop hiding. I don't hide on my blog but I do publicly. But like Mandela says "playing small doesn't serve the world"...so true.
    Thanks for the quote Kim, it has given me a lot to think about.
    Sorry about the washing machine though!

    ReplyDelete