Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday, Out with the old in with the new!

     My new washer is in and the first load has been washed.  I am a little behind on laundry as I have not had a working washer since last weekend.  I thought last weekend it could be fixed.  When the washer was moved it was obvious that the transmission was out on it so really not worth fixing.  I took the last load of washed costumes back to the high school from the play and also a big basket to good will.  I have been very inspired to read everyone's  goals for the new year.  I am still pondering mine.  I just don't want to throw a bunch of stuff out there and feel like a failure.  But I really like what Sarah had to say about changing priorities.

     I need to see the changes I make in my budget or life as priority changes and not failure.  When you total your car it sets you back financially and you must change plans to set things right.  This is not failure.  I am just too hard on myself.  This leads to stress.  My biggest goal this year is a life of less stress.

     My new budget for the new year is going to look very different from what I had originally planned.  But it will lead to less stress on my part.  It might lead to slower debt pay off but maybe not in the long run.  I just don't plan on having as many large expenses this year.  Really I just can't have that many things go wrong.

     I have joined Carla's challenge and I have my little note book all ready.  That will be the hardest thing for me is writing things down.  I have tried to do that over and over for years and have always failed.  But I will try again.  I have been stuffing change away in my pig and I am excited to not open her until next December.  I like that fact that the challenge can be fit to our rules.

     I am just positive that this next year is going to be great for all of us, because we have all made such great progress and we have each other and that is what counts.

Have a great and Happy New Years Eve!  May we all be blessed as abundantly as we were last year !

Kim

5 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Kim!! Wishing you all the best in the new year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the best for 2012 Kim, hope your 'stress less' goals go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same wishes to you! Hope 2012 brings a lot of good fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! Glad you got your new washer AND have decided to cut yourself a little slack in the coming year :)

    ReplyDelete