Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday, I am very tired

     I have cleaned at least 4 buildings a night for the last week and I am really beginning to feel it. I am very tired.
Tonight I only have to do my building and tomorrow one extra.  Then the subbing is over.  The woman we are taking this job from said that this is unusual, she has never seen this many people going out of town.  I know it won't happen again under my watch. It is hard to add extra hours of work after you have worked all day.  It is not like this is our only job.  My daughter who helped me clean a bottling plant last night said, cleaning is hard work and people need to pay for it.  I agree.
     I had many students out last night so it made choreography difficult but I persevered.  I want all of my pieces set in the next two weeks. By the end of October we are just rehearsing so everything is clean and perfected by Thanksgiving.  So much to do.
     I took in a little over $1000.00 in tuition.  So, so far less than one third, we will see how tonight goes, but it does not look good.  I beleive in my gut we will collect just 1/2 by the 10th and then *&&^%$ is going to hit the fan.  I was griping to my Mom and she said this is just part of doing business.  I will be firm. Enough said.
     I was able to get quite a bit of sewing done yesterday and I will work hard in there today.  I still need about $200.00 for my trip.  There is $85.00 to be picked up and more to add so I think I will make it.
     There are some great buys at the grocery store this week and I would like to stock up but I have no extra money.  These sales will last until next Tuesday so if I come home with any extra from my trip I will take advantage.

     Out My Window:  It was rainy and cold yesterday and everyone was sleepy.  First real day of fall weather, but it is so nice.

     I am going to get dressed and clean up the kitchen a little, then hit the shop, make a deposit. Go teach, go clean........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I am really tired.  I need to perk up and my diet coke is not working.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

   

7 comments:

  1. Why don't you tell the parents they can't attend if they don't pay? If they know you will still teach their child, they have less incentive to pay up.

    I hate to see you stress over this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mysti. I can't believe they won't pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tired just reading your posts! I suggest a nap and then I agree with mysti and michelle.


    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in total agreement with Mysti and Judy and do not understand why you give even one lesson to children whose parents have not paid in full. In my neck of the woods (New England) all brochures and websites make it very plain that "NO child will be able to participate on the first day unless all fees have been paid in advance". Some even add "Please do not create an awkward situation for your child by failing to pay in full and on time. We do not enjoy forcing a child to sit out a class and wait for parent pick up, but failure to pay will result in exclusion from class--no exceptions." It is tough, but also fair. Why should you be providing services for free, especially when you have your own financial problems to worry about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Consuelo said!!
    Have you ever tried one of those energy drinks? I have a few times when I'm driving for hours and hours on end - they do help but I wouldn't make it a habit:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Consuelo! And that sounds exhausting! Do you mind if I ask how much you get paid to clean the buildings?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys, and sorry for my rant, but it just irks me. Things are going to change!

    ReplyDelete