Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday, what a mess,

     Rehearsal was great yesterday.  All of the cast were professional and nice.  I love the director and have not worked with her for years so it was nice to catch up.   We were able to sign up for #3's apartment and I purchased $168.00 worth of groceries at Winco.  I hit a meat sale.  Meat was marked down for quick sale as they had lost a freezer.  I was able to get 6 pork roasts, 2 huge rib eye steaks, 12 smaller steaks, 20 lbs of hamburger in addition to many groceries.  I have a full freezer after the spaghetti sauce fiasco!

  Two days ago, (Thursday) I cleaned out the freezer upstairs to see what I had in frozen pie filling.  I took out three 2 cups containers of tomato paste and one large bag of apple pie filling.  Well the apple pie filling leaked all over the counter and onto the floor.  The floor is uneven so it was spread and tracked by the dog and husband.  By the time I got home last night with all the groceries, I just put everything in the fridges and went to bed.
     Today I started out by trying to clean the floor so it was workable.  Then chopped onions, green peppers, garlic and sauted them.  I don't know what I was thinking but I accidently doubled  the tomato paste in my huge recipe, so I had to double the entire thing.  This was a canning kettle and a huge soup pot full of sauce.  Great but now we have to get it into containers and store it.  So both freezers had to be cleaned and organized.  I had to go to Wal-mart and get  6 more large containers.  Now every thing is packed and frozen.  I have enough sauce for at least 4 months and the kids will take it to school and their apartments.  Hubby is starting a brine to smoke 5  2/ lb salmon I bought on sale.  I have a rain check for 5 more and I won't have freezer room.  The kids love smoked fish.  So I have been in the kitchen for the past 7 hours.  The dishes are done and the mess is all cleaned up except for the floor.  I called the dog over to eat a little burger I had dropped and she was slow coming which I though was unusual.  Finally she come over and gets sick all over the kitchen floor.  Well at least I have not scrubbed it yet.  Oh Joy!  Just what I need after cooking and packing meat all day.

Out My Window:  It is cooler and overcast today.  Last night Hubby put one of the ducks in the pen but the other would not go so rather than fight her he left her out.  Big mistake.  Ducks like to be together.  One duck is impossible they follow you around.  So all night I can hear one of the ducks in the pen quacking and the other in the pond quacking.  They were calling each other. Hubby is deaf so it did not bother him!  What a dork.  I am bleary eyed and covered with tomato sauce.

     My kitchen floor is calling me and I would like to go to a $1 movie tonight so I had better get hopping.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

3 comments:

  1. LOL sounds like you are pretty set for meats and sauce. I would reward yourself and go to that movie!

    judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying your blog. I'm attempting to dig out from debt. Your story is very encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bulk cooking....embrace it!

    ReplyDelete